I'm so excited to say...I am looking for two associates to aid with styling, design, and planning for weddings and events. Please read on to see if you might be a good fit....
- Hard worker committed to delivering the highest levels of service
- Willing to travel 1-3 times per event
- Great time management and organization skills
- Similar aesthetic to me
- Detail oriented
- Already knows their way around wedding planning and the wedding world
- Has a can-do mentality
- Always wanting to grow and refine their work; open to feedback
- Is a pretty even mix of left and right brain
- Not easily rattled under stressful situations
- Knows how to take charge diplomatically
- Excellent people skills
- Is lovely to be around
- Located in California or New York
- 3-5 years experience in wedding planning and design
- Able to attend my Creative Direction + Design Workshop in Serenbe, GA - February 8-11, 2015 if you haven't attended one of my workshops already
Sometimes assisting me on weddings where I'm the lead
Sometimes acting as lead on weddings that I'll help oversee or help design
- Manage client emails and communications
- Track and manage vendor relationships
- Design and implement overall designs
- Execute and manage event timelines
- Manage event budgets
- Would start as part time work but could lead to full time position
So does this sound like your dream job?? If so, please email me!
Send an email with all of the items below to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover Letter and Resume
- Link to portfolio of past work and your Pinterest account
- Three individual inspiration/mood boards exhibiting a range of the ideal weddings you'd like to design and produce.
I wanted to share with you some of my favorite frames from part of a shoot we did in Mexico last month. This shoot is coming out in 3 parts, this being the first. I cannot begin to tell you how amazing this location was. You'll get to see more of it soon...
Dresses: Madison James | Photography: Meghan Kay Sadler | Creative Direction + Bookings: Emily Newman for Once Wed | Creative Direction + Styling + Hair and Makeup: Joy Thigpen for Once Wed | Shoes: Jimmy Choo | Venue: Coqui Coqui Merida | Earring: Yvonne Leon
Susan and Jesse were married at Paion in Big Sur this summer. Their wedding was published on Once Wed today. Their stunning location took center stage, and all design choices were made so as not to distract from the views, leaving plenty of room for the sweeping vistas. We balanced some delicate, ethereal, and special elements, like the unique porcelain invites mailed to each guest, with the raw and rugged natural landscape. Sometimes, it's all about knowing when enough is enough. Adding more stuff isn't always the right answer, especially in a breathtaking place like this. I loved getting to know the couple and their families, who were so warm and loving. The local planner, Diane, ran a tight ship and was wonderfully entertaining. The owner of the property, who watched from afar, is very well educated and has lived on the property for over 50 years. He planted all of the massive tress himself. I got to chat a good bit with him. He's as invested and a part of that land as any human could be, and has hosted a lot of weddings through the years. During my time there, he gave me one of the nicest compliments I've ever received at a wedding. He told me that he liked the layout I had arranged more than any he had ever seen there. He said that the placement of each detail and the use of his space were different from any other arrangements, and that although it seemed almost counterintuitive to him, he felt that it honored the land and respected it's best assets, while still providing a natural flow for the guests. This is something I really strive for. I like to spend some quiet time alone on the property, kind of steeping in it; letting it show me where everything should go. So, it meant a lot to me that someone who knows the land so well would initiate that kind of observation. Of course, I also loved Susan's remarks at the end of the night. She said that everything was so much better than she had ever dreamed, and that the whole evening was completely magical. And it was.
Photography: Bryce Covey // Direction: Joy Thigpen // Planning: Diane Allen // Location: Paion // Catering: Annie Hobbs // Flowers: Studio Choo // Paper Design: Union Street Papery // Porcelain Invitation: Hanumette // First dress: Monique Lhuillier // 2nd dress: Johanna Johnson // Rentals: Classic Party Rentals, SF
I'd love to see you at my next workshop which will take place February 8 - 11 at Serenbe, GA. We will be joined by the talented Rylee Hitchner who will photograph our time together, including each participants work.
You can find all the details here